Congratulations to the 3rd grade girls' and 5th grade boys' basketball team!
The girls were runners up and the boys took first place in the Villa Invitiational. Great way to start the season!
Congratulations to both the 4th grade boys and 4th grade girls! Both teams placed 3rd in the Villa Invitational! Way to start the season!
Congratulations to the 2nd grade boys' basketball team! The White team came in 2nd place and the Blue team came in 3rd place in the Villa Invitational.
Congratulations to the 6th/7th grade girls' basketball team! The girls came in 2nd place in the Villa Invitational.
2017 Fall Sports
Villa Madonna Academy has a record number of 198 students participating in Fall Sports this year!
Fall sports include Cross Country, Golf, Soccer and Volleyball.
2017 Fall Sports Recap:
3 NKAC Division III Team Championships: Volleyball, Girls Soccer, Boys Cross Country
NKAC Players of the Year:
- John Komaromy-Hiller (Boys Cross Country)
- Jenna Doumont (Girls Golf)
- Neena Adley (Girls Soccer
- Lizzy Bateman (Volleyball)
- Cross Country: Boys NKAC Div. III Champions (First ever). John Komaromy-Hiller named NKAC Runner of the Year for Division III. Girls 12th at State, Boys 9th at State.
- Girls Golf: Jenna Doumont went to state for 2nd straight year. Team finished 3rd in Regional. Jenna D. named NKAC Golfer of the year for Div. II & III
- Boys Golf: Continuous improvement throughout the season from last year.
- Girls Soccer: Girls win 6th Straight NKAC Div. III Title (undefeated in Conference). Brooke Meier 2nd Team All-Region, Neema Adley Honorable Mention All Region.
- Boys Soccer: New era under coach, Taron Jordon. Boys lose close game to Dixie 1-0 in Districts.
- Volleyball: 6th Straight NKAC Div. III Title (undefeated in Conference)
NKAC All-Conference Team Members:
Volleyball: Lizzy Bateman (POY), Casey Land, Natalie Noll
Girls Soccer: Neema Adley (POY), Maddie Malone, Brooke Meier, Alysa Pickens, Maria Rice
Annual Sports Banquet Awards
Each year, Villa celebrates its athletes at the annual Sports Banquet at the Summit Hills Country Club. The Most Valuable Player (MVP) and Most Improved Players (MIP) are recognized at the event. The Blue Lightning Award is also given to the players who best display the Benedictine Values of respect, hospitality, service, reverence, stewardship, peace, prayer, and scholarship. We congratulate the players listed below for their contributions to Villa sports.
Girls’ Golf: MVP: Jenna Doumont `17, MIP: Camryn Bellish `17, Blue Lightning: Natalie Boucher`17
Boys’ Golf: MVP: Caz Schaefer `20, MIP: Sam Harney `18, Blue Lightning: Vernay Monroe `18
Girls’ Soccer: MVP: Maddie Berberich `18, MIP: Sarah Surace `18, Blue Lightning: Maddie Malone `18
Boys’ Soccer: MVP: Daniel Gerst `18, MIP: Robert Spicker `18, Blue Lightning: Scott McQueen `17
Girls’ Cross Country: MVP: Maddie Dickman `20, MIP: Caroline McDonald `21, Blue Lightning: Abby Bezold `19
Boys’ Cross Country: MVP: Zack Werner `17, MIP: Colin McLagan `21, Blue Lightning: Chris Nutini `17
Volleyball: MVP: Lizzy Bateman `18, MIP: Anna Wagner `19, Blue Lightning: Caroline Rice `18
Girls’ Basketball: MVP: Madison Perry `18, MIP: Anna Wagner `19, Blue Lightning: Brooke Meier `19
Boys’ Basketball: MVP: Sean McIntyre `18, MIP: William Martin `17, Blue Lightning: Thomas Schutzman `17
Boys’ Swimming: MVP: Logan Sprague `18, MIP: Cayce Cobaugh `18, Blue Lightning: Zach Stringer `18
Girls’ Swimming: MVP: Ainsley Marlette `19, MIP: Emily Richardson `21, Blue Lightning: Molly Holt `17
Baseball: MVP: Xavier Ludwig `18, MIP: Thomas Fuller `20, Blue Lightning: Daniel Gerst `18
Softball: MVP: Anna Wagner `19, MIP: Anna Bosley `18, Blue Lightning: Brooke Meier `19
Girls’ Tennis: MVP: Paetyn Ashcraft `22, MIP: Maddie Malone `18, Blue Lightning: Neha Yousuf `17
Boys’ Tennis: MVP: Yamaan Ahmad `20, MIP: Giovanni Falcone `19, Blue Lightning: Robert Spicker `18
6th grade Cross Country
5th-8th grade Girls' Golf
5th and 6th grade Boys' Golf