Highlights from the Counselor’s Office!
As a result of the Needs Survey for parents sent out at the start of the school year, the following programs have been implemented:
- A Student of the Month Program that recognizes ALL students who were nominated by their teachers
- Increased guidance lessons (and “character kits” available to teachers) in the classroom which are responsive to the current needs and concerns of the students, parents, and teachers
- VMA Career Café for our 3rd-6th grade students to assist with career discernment
- Career and strengths inventory (Myers-Briggs type) to be administered to 4th -6th grade students in the spring
- A Safety and Wellness Day on May 18th for all elementary students which will include: etiquette classes, the return of stretching/relaxation techniques, summer bike and water safety, healthy food options, and first aid
- Parent and student program on internet safety and cyber-bullying on January 23rd
- Less emphasis on who qualifies for Duke Tip – more emphasis on how we continue to meet the needs of gifted students (nearly 70% of our 4th grade students qualified!)
- Individual support for students with organization/communication/study skills
Please check out my webpage for resources and information about me. I aim to be a resource for the entire Villa Madonna community. If there is anything I can do to help your child be healthy, happy and successful, please contact me!