Fueling a Lifelong Love of Learning
Students in the elementary school are stimulated and nurtured while receiving differentiated instruction rooted in Catholic faith and centered on the Benedictine values of respect and love of humanity and one another.
Elementary School students experience:
- An 8:1 student-teacher ratio;
- A welcoming Benedictine community that welcomes students and families of all faiths and emphasizes traditions of hospitality, respect, community, scholarship, and service;
- A World Language program, with certified teachers, teaching Spanish or French cultures and language;
- Differentiated instruction within the classroom ensuring that all students are challenged to meet their fullest potential;
- Logic activities that develop critical thinking skills with active, collaborative, and investigative work to make lessons more meaningful and memorable;
- Computer coding, robotics, and other STEM programs in the classroom, the Fab Lab, and in Enrichment classes;
- Global literacy program educating students about countries around the globe and preparing them for a global economy;
- A Kentucky Youth Assembly and Kentucky United Nations Assembly team of delegates (The only private, Catholic elementary school in KY to participate);
- Clubs, camps, and competitions including Academic Team, Honor Choir, All State Choir, Drama, Chess, Destination Imagination, and First Lego team, and more;
- Athletic programs beginning in kindergarten.